Friday, March 20, 2009

sandwich.

yes3

yes

yes2

This afternoon I shared a grilled cheese sandwich with my son for lunch, using some Rogue Creamery white cheddar that my husband brought back up from his business trip the other day.

I don't remember having much cast iron cookware growing up, just an odd assortment of battered pots and pans. My mom did have a huge square frying pan that she used just for making grilled cheese sandwiches, though- I am pretty sure it was cast iron. She'd throw it on the stovetop and make 4 sandwiches at a time (4 kids! Mom, what were you thinking?!) and they were always perfect.

I picked up a small cast iron frying pan for us a couple of years ago from Ikea for like 10 bucks. We don't use it for everything, we have a pretty trusty set of stainless steel pots and pans for everyday use. Mostly, we use it to heat up tortillas for burritos, and occasionally we make AWESOME grilled cheese sandwiches. Thanks, Ikea.

No comments:

Post a Comment